I just finished getting some prayer time in. It was short, but i really felt like I laid it out. Recently, I have been very conflicted about what to ask for in prayer. I want to make sure I am not praying against God's best for my life. This morning though, i just decided to pray with only my heart, and not let my reservations get involved. It was very real.
As i have said before, i believe God is vehemently excited about his children, and giving them their hearts' desires. So, with my heart bursting with supplications and thankfulness, I raised the voice of my soul to heaven.
I encourage everyone to approach God in prayer in a similar way. Let loose, speak to him directly from your heart. I know many of you anti-heart Christians will say, "what about Jeremiah 17:9..The Heart is deceitful above all things..." to you I say, Jeremiah 17:10- "I the Lord examine the heart and mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve".
God is constantly looking into our hearts. Let us then raise the real cries of our hearts to Him, opening up the lines of communication, so that he may speak to us directly through our honest longings. That God may rejoice with us as we begin to truly yearn for the same things he yearns for. Even more, that we may be given the desires of our hearts because He is a good father, and we are his loving sons and daughters.
Psalms 42:7 -
"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me"
No comments:
Post a Comment